Saturday, May 17, 2014

Food for Thought: Being grateful for how lucky we are.


Dear all,

As we get near the end of the year, and tiredness sets in, I believe it is important to reflect upon the things that make our world at ISHCMC such a pleasant one. Often when we get tired we forget this and have thoughts that are unkind, destructive and ungrateful rather than kind, constructive and happy. As a community of learners we must always try to find the right path forward, welcome everyone for their strengths, work collaboratively to be the best we can be and recognize and appreciate the journey we are making as educators. I believe it is important to regularly put our lives in perspective and get beyond minor personal grievances and focus on how lucky we are and how we can sincerely share that fortune with others.

At the start of the year I shared a video on gratitude and quote with you. I think that it is an appropriate time to re visit gratitude and its importance, re-focus and energize ourselves positively  ahead of the last few busy weeks of the year.


9449985045_abb53ef2bb

"Every day, think as you wake up, today I am fortunate to be alive, I have a precious Human life, I am not going to waste it. I am going to use all my energies to develop myself, to expand my heart out to others; to achieve enlightenment for the benefit of all beings. I am going to have kind thoughts towards others, I am not going to get angry or think badly of others. I am going to benefit others as much as I can."

Dalai Lama XIV

No comments:

Post a Comment