Sunday, August 7, 2016

Food for Thought: Have a Fantastic Year at ISHCMC

Dear all,

For this first Food for Thought of the new year I have decided to share a powerful video with you, Dark Side of the Lens. At first view you may think this has little to do with us as teachers but after watching and listening I hope you will connect it with our work last week.




I may have shared this video before but for some reason it comes back to my mind at the start of the year. Although it captures the power of natures, it brings me a peace of mind. It removes any anxiety and stress that I may have about the year ahead. It encourages positive emotions of awe, integrity, passion and love. It reminds me of my duty to encourage and develop passion in our students. To provide learning opportunities that free our young thinkers minds from the shackles of conventional thought. To foster innovation and creativity by providing learning environments in which it is ok to fail. It reminds me of why I became a teacher; my love for watching students grow as creators of thought.  

I hope the video inspires you as a teacher and encourages you to think about how your work this year will encourage students to flourish in their lives.

I wish you all the best for the year ahead at ISHCMC and your growth as teachers.

Yours
Adrian


No comments:

Post a Comment